Dark chocolate avocado cookies
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons high quality cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed avocado and the sugar very well.
- Stir in cocoa, vanilla, vinegar, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dollops of batter onto it. Flatten into cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. You might need to turn the sheet 90 degrees halfway through to get them evenly baked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, on the baking sheet, and let them cool in room temperature on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
Peanut butter avocado cookies
- 1/3 cup of avocado flesh
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, peanut butter, egg and honey until well mixed.
- Stir in oats and baking powder.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Scoop batter onto the sheet to form cookies. Flatten each cookie slightly using a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
Vegan avocado cookies
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup of water
- 3.5 ounces of very ripe (but not brown) avocado flesh
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ ounces of dark chocolate chunks
- Grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder until fine. Mix with ¼ cup of water in a small bowl. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, it will form a sort of gel.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the chia gel.
- Mix in the cocoa and the baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and place 10 dollops of cookie batter on the paper. Use the back of a spoon to flatten out each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.